Brother Frank Ashby
July 2, 2015
Brother Franklin Delano Ashby folded his earthly tent and went to his Heavenly mansion on Thursday, July 2nd, 2015.
Frank was a member of the BMA many years ago. He was associate pastor with Rev. R. R. Schwambach. He moved to Decatur, IL in the late 50’s.
He attended Bethel Tabernacle Church (Pastor Don Etnier) and assisted in the early days of Hillside Bethel Tabernacle (Pastor Don Horath).
Frank was active in the Bethel Youth Camps many years ago and, until his death, attended Resurrection Life Church (Pastor Jack Greenwood) in Decatur.
Frank was born to Wilson and Essie Mae Ashby on June 2, 1933. He married G. Adeline Williams on June 2, 1951. Together they had three daughters - Becky Nalley Chapman (Jerry), Debbie Arbogast (Stanley), Cindy Knight Holliday (Doc) and one son, Daniel Ashby (Tiffany).
Frank was the assistant pastor at Bethel Tabernacle in Evansville, IN before moving to Decatur in 1957. He worked for Robert Barclay. In 1966, he moved to Charlestown, IN and managed a Western Auto store for ten years. While in Charlestown, he made great friendships and wonderful memories with the folks at the First Assembly of God Church in New Albany, IN.
Frank returned to Decatur in 1976 and worked for Rogers Supply Co. He was dedicated to the many customers he served in Central IL. Frank retired in 1995.
Frank loved the Lord, singing and playing his guitar, fishing, cooking and being with his family. He was a generous giver and was always sharing what he had with others.
Franklin means “free man”. He always walked to the tune of his own drum and now he is truly a free man.